Is a crop worth growing in an urban farming situation?
- Date to maturity low? Is it 85 days or less?
- Target a high yield per square foot.
- Grow crops that have a high price per unit.
- How long is the seasonality of the crop? Weeks or months?
- Is the crop popular?
Bits of wisdom
- It’s crucial to take good notes throughout the farming season so you can reflect back on those notes after the season and adjust for the upcoming season.
- Know your numbers. Is that you do worth the time and month? Is it profitable?
- Have a balanced life. Take at least one day off a week. Take some time off during the winter.
- If you are farming in the winter expect 1/4 of the crop production that you would get in the summer season.
Connect with Curtis Stone
[gap size=”100px”] [ois skin=”Homepage”] [gap size=”50px”]