If you aren’t moving all of your current product, sell it all.
Selling all of your current product, but you know there is more demand…
Today we will focus on a third primary concept:
Change Your Product Profile and Crops
It’s all about making more just by changing what you grow and when you grow it.
There’s a lot in here, enjoy it…[gap size=”75px”] [x_audio_embed][/x_audio_embed] [gap size=”25px”]
Ways to make more money off of your farm without adding more land to the farm:
- For each product and crop analyze:
- Total Revenue Generated for Each
- Total Yield for Each (average yield per bed)
- How long to grow that product?
- How much work did that work take to go from seed to packaged?
- Remove where numbers aren’t optimum.
- Are you growing what everyone else is growing?
- If there is a glut of something on the market, then that’s probably killing the price. Are you sure that you want to grow that?
- If there is a hole in the market find that.
- Specialize in that or specialize in something.
- Cut the most expensive crops to grow.
- Increase crops that have a high turnover and high rotation.
- Many crops of greens in the time it takes to grow one crop of potatoes given the same amount of space.
- Grow crops and/or varieties that are higher yield both in one shot and with cut and come again – more cuts per greens.
- Grow same crops, but change when you have a crop available.
- Season extension
- Change Varieties
- Utilize the nursery
- Growing out of season will add value.
- Consider the production period of each crop relative to the total time in the ground of the plant itself.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
CHECK OUT CURTIS’S ONLINE WORKSHOP[gap size=”25px”]
The course covers small scale vegetable farming from A to Z.
Full of content and details that we can cover in the show.
Over 6 hours of workshop videos just like the sample show above* (STREAMABLE and DOWNLOADABLE)
Complete mp3 audio of all of the videos (STREAMABLE and DOWNLOADABLE)
Plus over 5 hours of content in two bonus videos* (STREAMABLE and DOWNLOADABLE)
You get unlimited lifetime access to the content.