How do you do that?
How would you do that?
If this was an episode of Family Feud one of the top answers on the board would likely be ‘grow more products’.
And if we took this line of question on iteration further the asking how do you grow more crops? One of the top answers would be ‘get more land’.
More land means more vegetables can fit in that space. A more vegetables means more to sell. Simple enough right.
What if you couldn’t get more land?
Because it wasn’t available or it was too expensive or it would change the dynamic of your farm… what would you do then?
You want to make more money… but you can’t add land. What are your options… you could raise prices or lower input costs, those would work, but there are a lot of other options available.
That’s the topic that we are taking on in this multipart series – more money with less land.[gap size=”75px”] [x_audio_embed][/x_audio_embed] [gap size=”25px”]
Ways to make more money off of your farm without adding more land to the farm:
- Sell different product to current customers (more products to an existing customer)
- Sell into a new market that you currently aren’t in
- Combine products to make a mix that is a sellable product or more desirable product.
- Grow the same product, but grow it to a different size. That gives you a different product to sell and maybe even a different price point and market, but it is still the same basic product.
- Aggregate product off the farm to another farmer
- Aggregate product onto the farm to bundle up product you can’t sell.
- Can’t sell it all.
- Are you growing products that customers don’t want?
- Is the product good?
- Are you not selling it right?
- Max out the land that you have
- Get better at growing your crops
- Increase the length of your season
- Grow crop faster – increase crop cycles
- Transplants. Start in greenhouse to save field space
- Different crop varieties based on size or growing crops to baby sizes
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
CHECK OUT CURTIS’S ONLINE WORKSHOP[gap size=”25px”]
The course covers small scale vegetable farming from A to Z.
Full of content and details that we can cover in the show.
Over 6 hours of workshop videos just like the sample show above* (STREAMABLE and DOWNLOADABLE)
Complete mp3 audio of all of the videos (STREAMABLE and DOWNLOADABLE)
Plus over 5 hours of content in two bonus videos* (STREAMABLE and DOWNLOADABLE)
You get unlimited lifetime access to the content.