Give your drop seeder more versatility with an interchangeable plate.
The seed plate easily removes from the drop seeder unit and can be swapped on the fly in seconds.
Match hole sizes with seeds to seed larger or smaller seeds or fine-tune the number of seeds per cell – many or few.
- 2mm: designed for smaller seeds such as Brassicas, scallions, kale, shallots, turnips, and onions. Also useful when you need a small number of small seeds in a cell. Singulation can be tough with small seeds, so expect 1-3 seeds of crops like Brassicas per cell.
- 3mm: designed for smaller seeds such as mizuna, scallions, kale, shallots, turnips, and some greens
- 4.5mm: designed for most pelleted seeds such as Salanova. It also works well with spinach and beets.
- 6mm: designed for larger seeds such as spinach, radish, beets, and with microgreens
- 8mm: designed for larger seeds and microgreens with the ability to put down a lot of seed in one drop.
- 4.5mm Skip: With only 132 holes this plate is designed to seed every other cell of a paperchain giving you the ability to create in row spacings of 8″ or 12″. 4.5mm is the perfect size for Salanova.
Tiny seeds like amaranth will work in the seeder, but based on our trials static electricity creates some issues, so with tiny seeds like amaranth, it may be easier to seed by hand.
Discounted Pricing Based on Total Plates Orders:
- 1 Plate – $89 Each
- 2 Plates – $85 Each
- 3 Plates – $80 Each
- 4 Plates – $75 Each
- 5 Plates – $70 Each
We can make custom plates to order – just send us an email with what you are looking for.
Note: This product is the seed plate only and the drop seeder unit is required to use this seed plate.