Give your drop seeder more versatility with an interchangeable plate with 2.8mm diameter holes.
The seed plate easily removes from the drop seeder unit and can be swapped on the fly in seconds.
Match hole sizes with seeds to seed larger or smaller seeds or fine-tune the number of seeds per cell – many or few.
- 2.8mm: designed for smaller seeds such as mizuna, scallions, kale, shallots, turnips, onions, and some greens. Also useful for singulating small seeds.
- 3.5mm: designed for smaller seeds such as mizuna, scallions, kale, shallots, turnips, and some greens
- 6mm: designed for larger seeds such as spinach, radish, beets, and with microgreens
- 8mm: designed for larger seeds and microgreens with the ability to put down a lot of seed in one drop.
- 4.5mm Skip: With only 132 holes this plate is designed to seed every other cell of a paperchain giving you the ability to create in row spacings of 8″ or 12″. 4.5mm is the perfect size for Salanova.
Tiny seeds like amaranth will work in the seeder, but based on our trials static electricity creates some issues, so with tiny seeds like amaranth, it may be easier to seed by hand.
We can make custom plates to order – just send us an email with what you are looking for.
We also have a package containing 4 interchangeable plates at a discounted price.
Note: This product is the seed plate only and the drop seeder unit is required to use this seed plate.