Need an extra roller or a spare?
Purchase individual rollers based on your needs.
Each roller is precision manufactured by Jang to ensure optimum seeding performance.
These rollers are a universal size and will fit any JP1 or JP5 seeder.
- F24: typically used for radish, with 6-7 rows on a 30” bed.
- X24: typically used for baby kale, mustard, arugula and can be used for carrots.
- XY24: typically used for carrots with 5-10 rows on a 30” bed.
- YYJ24: typically used for small seeds, primarily arugula with 9 rows when using the JP-1.
- LJ24: typically used for larger seeds like spinach or cilantro.
SEEDING CHART FOR THE JP1
Below is a chart detailing the gear ratios and rollers needed to plant the following crops with the JP1.
There are FOUR variables to adjust when operating the JP1: the rollers, the gears, the number of rows per 30-inch bed, and the hopper brush, which is the little brush inside of the hopper which controls the amount of seed flowing from the roller.
Front x Rear
|ROWS PER BED||HOPPER BRUSH POSITION|
|Arugula||YYJ-24||14 F x 9 R||9||down|
|Carrots||XY-24||14 F x 9 R||
|Lettuce (loose leaf)||F24||14 F x 9 R||9||down|
|Mustard / Mizuna||F24||14 F x 9 R||9||down|
|Radish||F24||14 F x 9 R||7||down|
|Baby Kale (Red Russian)||F24||14 F x 9 R||9||down|
|Salad Turnips (Hakurei)||X24||14 F x 9 R||5||down|
|Spinach (baby)||LJ24||14 F x 9 R||9||up|
|Spinach (large)||LJ24||14 F x 9 R||5||up|
*When adjusting your hopper brush, we suggest only opening it all the way up and all the way down. In the chart below, that’s what we are referring to.
This product is shipped with care from a third party and will arrive via USPS or UPS.