The JP1 Complete Kit was put together to enable you to plant the most common market garden crops with the fewest possible rollers. Everything you need to seed loose-leaf greens and root crops is included.
The kit includes the Jang JP1 seeder, four rollers (X24, F24, Y24, LJ24), and a Jang Kickstand.
It’s all included in one kit – you won’t have to order anything else!
- X24: typically used for arugula and carrots with 6-10 rows on a 30″ bed.
- F24: typically used for radish, lettuce, and other greens, with 6-10 rows on a 30” bed.
- Y24: typically used for salad turnips with 6 rows on a 30″ bed.
- LJ24: typically used for larger seeds like spinach or cilantro with 10 rows per 30″ bed.
We carefully selected these rollers for this package to give you a wide variety of seed sizes and the ability to plant those seeds without having to change sprockets on the JP1.
SEEDING CHART FOR THE JP1
Below is a chart detailing the gear ratios and rollers needed to plant the most common market garden crops with the JP1.
There are four variables to adjust when operating the JP1: the rollers, the sprockets, the number of rows per 30-inch bed, and the hopper brush*, which is the little brush inside of the hopper that controls the amount of seed flowing from the roller.
*When adjusting the hopper brush, we suggest only setting it all the way down.
The seeding chart was developed in partnership with Erich Shultz of Steadfast Farm.
MORE ABOUT THE JANG JP1
The JP1 is the classic single-row Jang seeder.
It has become an industry standard for market farmers all around the world due to its ability to perform well in all soil conditions for a wide variety of crops.
The many available rollers for the JP1 enable it to plant seeds as small as carrots and arugula or as large as peas and corn.
The JP1 is made in South Korea and its quality is second to none. The heavy-duty construction will keep it going year after year, unlike cheap Chinese knockoffs. If cared for and properly maintained the JP1 will last a lifetime and likely be the only single-row seeder you ever need to buy.
- Extremely high accuracy seeding in most soil conditions
- Unlimited seed spacing options – change rollers and gear ratios to get the perfect in-row spacing for your crop
- Singulate seeds – from small to large seeds, the JP1 gives you the ability to plant one or many
- Quick-release hopper makes changing rollers and pouring out seed easy and fast
- A covered hopper means you can plant in the rain without ruining seed
- Adjustable handle for height
- Handle push bar slides from side to side so you can seed comfortably from either side of the bed
- Changeable gears for adjusting seed density in-row
- Clear plastic hopper to view seed level
- Hopper volume = 0.26 gal
- Includes interchangeable sprockets #: 9, 10, 11 (2), 13, 14
We also include the Jang Kickstand in the kit which makes the Jang easier to use in the field.
The Jang ships from a third-party shipper; when you receive your Jang JP1, the only assembly required is to place the handle onto the main body.