Due to COVID-19, plates are cut to order and will ship 5-14 days after the seeder frame ships.
At this time, we are only offering seed plates for paper chain pots.
Different types of plates are coming soon.
Have you already ordered a Kwik Klik™️ Drop Seeder Frame?
The Top Plate controls the number and pattern of cells in your tray (e.g., 72, 128, 264, etc.), the thickness of the plate, and the diameter of the hole. Together, these three factors determine how many seeds go into each cell in your tray.
- Number and pattern of holes. This is simply the number and pattern of cells in the tray you are seeding. The Kwik Klik works for the following types of cell trays:
- Paper Chain Pot (2-, 4-, or 6-inch lengths)
- Standard 50-, 72-, 128-, or 200-cell trays
- Microgreens – 1020 and Paperpot Germination Trays
- Winstrip trays – 72-cell and 128-cell
- Plate thickness. Thinner plates allow fewer seeds per hole. Thicker Plates enable you to put multiple seeds in each hole. Thicker plates are particularly useful when seeding microgreens.
- Hole diameter. Larger seeds require larger holes. But a larger hole, together with a thicker plate, can be used to seed more seeds per hole. The Top Plate controls the number and pattern of cells in your tray (e.g., 72, 128, 264, etc.), the thickness of the plate, and the diameter of the hole. Together, these three factors determine how many seeds go into each cell in your tray.
The chart below gives general recommendations for Top Plates, based on dropping a single seed into a single cell.
With every order of a Kwik Klik Frame, we will send you a set of three seed plate guides (one for each Top Plate thickness — 1.5mm, 3mm, and 6mm) that will allow you to experiment with your seeds and customize the trays for your needs.
Please also watch the 15-minute video below, which describes the Top Plate customization process in greater detail.