A Greenhouse Game-changer
Our new patent-pending Kwik Klik™️ Drop Seeder will revolution your greenhouse operations.
Quickly and accurately seed any type of seed tray in seconds:
- All 264 holes of the paperpot chain (2-, 4-, or 6-inch lengths)
- Standard 72-, 128-, or 200-cell trays
- 1020 and Paperpot trays for microgreens
- Winstrip trays
- Custom plates for any tray configuration
Seed all of the holes in these types of trays with just one click.
Why Kwik Klik™️?
The Kwik Klik™️ works with pelleted and raw seed.
It’s a tool that saves you money by decreasing labor and controlling seed waste.
The Kwik Klik™️ is:
- Extremely fast – seed a flat in seconds
- Versatile – infinite seeding combinations for all types of cell trays
- Ultra-durable and made with a powder-coated aluminum frame that reduces seeds sticking due to static electricity
- Handmade in Canada by skilled craftspeople
- Very precise – seeds go where you want every time
- Optimized for microgreens. Special seed plates make microgreen seeding very fast and accurate in either 1020 flats or Paperpot Germination Trays
- Quiet – it doesn’t require electricity or a noisy vacuum
- Affordable – it costs less than comparable vacuum seeders
Get a Kwik Klik™️:
Call us at 877.850.1555 or keep reading.
The Kwik Klik™️ Drop Seeder requires both a Top Plate and a Bottom Plate for operation.
- The Top Plate controls the number and pattern of cells in your tray (e.g., 72, 128, 264, etc.), the thickness of the plate, and the diameter of the hole. Together, these three factors determine how many seeds go into each cell in your tray.
- The Bottom Plate controls only the number and pattern of cells in your tray. It must match the Top Plate.
- See our chart here for recommended Top and Bottom Plates for different types of seeds.
- The Kwik Klik is also completely customizable. With every order of a Kwik Klik frame, we will send you a set of three seed plate guides (one for each Top Plate thickness — 1.5mm, 3mm, and 6mm) that will allow you to experiment with your seeds and customize the trays for your needs. Paperpot.co will happily exchange any Top or Bottom Plates if you determine you need a different configuration.
Selecting a Top Plate
The Top Plate controls the number and pattern of cells in your tray (e.g., 72, 128, 264, etc.), the thickness of the plate, and the diameter of the hole. Together, these three factors determine how many seeds go into each cell in your tray.
- Number and pattern of holes. This is simply the number and pattern of cells in the tray you are seeding. The Kwik Klik works for the following types of cell trays:
- Paper Chain Pot (2-, 4-, or 6-inch lengths)
- Standard 72-, 128-, or 200-cell trays
- Microgreens – 1020 and Paperpot Germination Trays
- Winstrip trays – 72-cell and 128-cell
- Plate thickness. Thinner plates allow fewer seeds per hole. Thicker Plates enable you to put multiple seeds in each hole. Thicker plates are particularly useful when seeding microgreens.
- Hole diameter. Larger seeds require larger holes. But a larger hole, together with a thicker plate, can be used to seed more seeds per hole. The Top Plate controls the number and pattern of cells in your tray (e.g., 72, 128, 264, etc.), the thickness of the plate, and the diameter of the hole. Together, these three factors determine how many seeds go into each cell in your tray.
The chart below gives general recommendations for Top Plates.
With every order of a Kwik Klik frame, we will send you a set of three seed plate guides (one for each Top Plate thickness — 1.5mm, 3mm, and 6mm) that will allow you to experiment with your seeds and customize the trays for your needs.
Please also watch the 15-minute video below, which describes the seed plate guides and the Top Plate customization process in greater detail.
Selecting a Bottom Plate
- The Kwik Klik Bottom Plate simply controls only the number and pattern of cells in your tray. It enables the Top Plate to precisely deliver the type and number of seeds to where you want them.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Your Bottom Plate must match your Top Plate! For example, if you purchase a 264-hole Paperpot Top Plate, you need a matching 264-hole Paperpot Bottom Plate. You only need one Bottom Plate for all Paperpot seeding, though (you’d need a second if you also wanted to seed, for example, 72-cell trays).
WHAT SETS THE Kwik Klik™️ APART?
- Ultra-durable Aluminum Frame: Compared to most acrylic/plastic drop seeders, this one is made to last a lifetime. To back that up, we offer a Lifetime Warranty* on the frame.
- Fully Customizable – You can easily remove both seed plates from the drop seeder giving you unlimited customizability. You can use the same frame (with different seed plates) for paper chain pots, standard cell trays, and microgreens.
- Attention to Detail – From adjustable plate tensioners to a genuinely unique spring mechanism to adjustable self-standing legs, the Kwik Klik™️ was engineered down to the smallest details. We looked at every problem that drop seeders have and found ways to completely eliminate those problems.
- Full System Integration – The Kwik Klik™️ integrates seamlessly with our new Paperpot spreader frame to allow perfect mating every time. This eliminates time consuming visual lining up of the seeder and the flat.
AN EXTREMELY VERSATILE TOOL
The Kwik Klik™️ doesn’t just seed paper chain pots…
It utilizes a fully interchangeable seed plate design giving you the ability to swap out both the top and bottom plate so you can seed 72, 128, 200, or any other cell flat, such as Winstrip trays.
We have also created specially designed microgreens plates to make seeding of microgreens extremely quick and accurate – both in Paperpot Germination Trays and 10/20 trays.
You can change the plates out quickly without tools. Just loosen the tensioning screws, unscrew the spring, and remove one or both plates.
Whether you are seeding paper chain pots, cell trays, or microgreens, the Kwik Klik™️ is a precision tool that allows you to put down a specific amount of seed in a particular pattern. Seeds go where you want every time you click the seeder.
Very precise tools usually take time to master and require skill to operate. Not this one just pour seed in and click. It couldn’t be easier.
LIFETIME FRAME WARRANTY
The Kwik Klik™️ frame is handmade in Canada from aluminum giving it a robust design. No more worrying about dropping your plastic seeder. This one will stand the test of time. If the frame ever breaks under normal use, we will repair or replace it for free.
EXTRA DETAILS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE
The Kwik Klik™️ drop seeder has four built-in plate tensioners giving you the ability to control how tight the top and bottom plates are pressed together. Loosen them for easier seeding and then tighten them to prevent seeds from going between the plates.
Adjustable legs allow the Kwik Klik™️ to stand on its own above the surface of the flat, so you don’t have to hold it when dropping the seeds.
The aluminum frame does more than add strength. We have found that the aluminum frame significantly reduces static buildup on the seed plates.
We have designed a unique spreader frame (coming soon) to integrate with the Kwik Klik™️ , allowing you to quickly line up the seeder and the spreader frame by feel and not just sight. The seeder quickly mates to the spreader frame making the seeder even easier to use – both for yourself and for employees.
- Made in Kelowna, BC, Canada
- Powder-coated aluminum frame
- Lifetime Frame Warranty
- Works with paper chain pots, microgreens, 72,128,200 cell/Winstrip trays
- Custom seed plates (thickness, hole diameter, and hole pattern) are available
Lifetime Frame Warranty Information:
Frame warranty does not cover a frame that has been damaged due to negligent or faulty use, alteration, maintenance, storage, or handling by the user. Any specific issues regarding a Paperpot Co product with which a customer is not satisfied will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. We think that most problems that will arise with the Kwik Klik™️ will be due to negligence rather than manufacturing or materials issues.
The warranty does not include the seed plates. The seed plates are acrylic; if you drop them or bang them against a surface, they will break and/or scratch. If you expose them to extreme temperature or moisture, they will deform. Please store your seed plates flat on a shelf away from extreme temperature and moisture.