Tomato Growing Tips
- Curtis found a niche growing generic looking tomatoes.
- “Whatever people want, is what I am gonna grow…. Who wants what, and how much are you gonna buy?”
- “Often that means just swallowing your price and that means I am just going to do this because it’s what people want.”
- “What’s the best way that I can move a lot of stuff with the least amount of effort.”
- Curtis starts his plants in a 200 cell tray and then goes to a 2.5″ pot after about 3 weeks.
- Curtis grows all of his tomatoes in greenhouses to avoid weather swings.
- Curtis spaces his tomato plants 10″ apart and starts the plants in the ground by planting them 2/3 deep.
- Curtis hard prunes all of his tomato plants. He removes all suckers and leaf growth below the lowest set of fruit. The forces the indeterminate varieties to have a single vine which is then trellised up a string.
Learn More from Curtis Stone: