How can you speed the harvesting process?
- Do you need to leave the tops on?
- Can you wash the product in a faster and easier way?
- Can you bunch them in the field?
- Can you bag the product versus bunching it?
- Can you package the product in larger sizes?
- Can you go with a standard sized product?
Simple farm record keeping tips…
- Allocate 2 half hour blocks (at least) per week for reviewing your farm numbers.
- Use that time to input and review your data.
- Constantly be checking back to your records and review them.
- Some key points to keep track of:
- What’s be marketed and actually sold?
- What’s going into the field?
- What’s coming off the field?
- Be looking at the total gross revenue each week and speculate on what may come up based on current and past results.
Learn More from Curtis Stone: