Farm Record Keeping – How to Approach it and Why It’s Important
- Keep good notes regarding: What are you selling? What were you short on?
- The the next year you can look back and see where you were short last year so you can adjust this year.
- In your review process was something planted to early, too late? Should you adjust next year.
- Take advantage of record keeping to maximize your labor efficiency.
- Not over packing product for farmers market. You can always prep up more product on the fly.
- Record keeping seems daunting, but it’s really not. Get in the habit of doing it. It’s critical to farm success.
Learn More from Curtis Stone: